Sunday, January 13, 2008

Anesticized


Haven’t written in awhile, been in an emotional slump and had a binge on sugar… have made it through and feeling emotionally settled again. I realized I am alone when this happens and when I am feeling lonely, helpless and stressed or have things that feel out of control for me. I am learning what and why I go to sugar, just really nice to have the cravings gone again. I had to pray when they hit, that seemed to be the only thing that worked for me. I am again listening to podcasts and reading material to keep me remembering why I am doing this. I made it totally fine till after all the holidays and then lost it for a few hours and took three days to detoxify. It was ugly.
I stopped drinking enough water and that is so important to do. Not having artificial sugars is proving to help me. I have been using Stevia and the craving just stopped. I am going to do this and make it. It isn’t even about weight loss at this point it is about mental health and being really honest with my issues. I am an addict and that is because I don’t like what I am feeling. So sugar is a great drug to do when you don’t want to feel, I get totally anesticized. But I am of the age now that it is starting to show up in health problems. Ordered 4 or 5 books for even more motivation and information and I am excited and ready to go for it again. Relapse is part of recovery and we have to eat to live so this is a big one. I am so grateful to be out of cravings again and I am so sensitive to the artificial sweeteners that they kept me triggered in a small way that I would end up in a binge on crackers and finally sugar one night. So keeping an honest and open account of this process is so helpful. I don’t feel so alone in this journey and am truly grateful there are others out here with me doing this.

2 comments:

Cedar Acre Lady said...

I enjoy your blog. You sound a lot like me. I too am trying to regroup, once again, I have my kitchen cleaned up and loaded with good LC foods. It is an addiction to feel so lousy and yet keep on shoveling the garbage in. I feel so free when I disciple my body. Discipline = freedom.

Froilee said...

thank you so much gluttonynomore, so wonderful to met you hope to get to know you. blessings and peace to you, please keep me in your prayers...