Thursday, January 24, 2008

Still Going


OK Connie Bennett has both a blog and blog Talk Radio show, which I’ve read and listened to most if not all of what she has said… it has taken me time to really look at what she is saying as a believer in low carb, my goal was to replace my ‘bad carbs’ with imitation carbs, which has actually lead me to believe that keeps me sick and triggered for sugar.
So I hope Connie doesn’t mind but I want to write her opening for you cause I have almost all of what she says can happen when you have a sugar addiction. So here is goes:
SUGAR SHOCK!
A mood-damaging, personality-bending, health-destroying, confusion-creating constellation of symptoms affecting millions of people worldwide, who often eat processed sweets and much-like-sugar carbs. “SUGAR SHOCK!” describes the often misdiagnosed and maligned condition of reactive hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), as well as other blood sugar disorders, from insulin resistance to diabetes. Research reveals that repeatedly over-consuming sweeteners, dessert foods, and quickie carbs (white rice, chips, etc.) wreaks havoc on your blood sugar levels, over-stimulates insulin release, triggers inflammation, and could contribute to more than 150 health problems, including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, polycystic ovary syndrome, severe PMS, failing memory, mental confusion, Candida, sexual dysfunction, infertility, wrinkles, acne, and early aging, Victims of SUGAR SHOCK! Also may experience depression, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, cold sweats, anxiety, irritability, tremors, crying spells, heart palpitations, forgetfulness, nightmares, blurred vision, muscle pains, temper outbursts, suicidal thoughts, and more. Ultimately, this insidious rollercoaster effect hampers sufferers’ ability to function at full or even half throttle.
OK I will now go back and highlight the ones that I have suffered with before and some even now. My most promenade one is fatigue which lingers on and a lack of direction which I think is caused from the way I feel about myself. So I am going to work on my eating to see if I can by my food plan can eat my way out of these symptoms.
Trying to find my sugar truth…
I go to sugar for comfort and strength…
After I eat sugar I feel tired, isolated, unsocial, sleepy, guilty, I don’t want anyone around me and the next day I feel hung over like I partied. More isolated, more unsocial, and want to hide.
Sound like a drug addict doesn’t it? Makes me sad and I want to heal so I am going to be as honest as possible to get myself back to the place that I can live a life once again.
Peace

No comments: