Saturday, December 1, 2007

3rd day of induction

My lovey's
Well Day 3 for me on induction: yeah, made it another day on induction. And another deep pink stick! I remember when I first started low carb I tried to do it with a vegetarian friend, I didn't know what I was doing and just followed her; I tried the stick and couldn't ever get them past a really, really light pink and mostly a tan, thought the batch was bad, same batch and turning pinker and awaiting my beloved Maroon soon! Went well, I’m so happy with my food selection and everything tastes so good I’m amazed… and grateful
On my chart it looks like I’m trying to get down to 103, I would be in the hospital on my death bed if that was true, and 34.2 BMI only .2 more to lose and I’m out of the Obesity cage, what a deal.
I have so many stories roaming around in my head today as I awoke at 2:30AM and started on my favorite website support system DailyStrength.com… so many loving and supportive friends. It is giving me another chance at life again.
So I had a great conversation with my best mate last night, she moved away a several years ago so when we get on the phone it is really like finding a piece of myself again. We are in different places within ourselves but when her view on how life really is comes out, it is so fab and fun… she is a crack up and can’t really say it like it is. One big difference in me over our long, long relationship is my lack of willingness to look at life through the eyes of sin or as a sinner. So much has changed in my heart about this and I’m a recovering pastor, teacher, counselor for over 20 years of my life was in total dedication to the counsel and help of those in need in my community. I am totally convinced that the ‘narrow road’ is so much a road of love, mercy and acceptance, I no longer think it is this ridged place of ‘living without sin’ gosh how did I ever actually believe that before? I am amazed at what 8 deaths of my loved ones over the period of a few years did to me. I not only totally got out of control around food to support my emotions but I lost my community in the process because I refused to let them tell me how to feel and that I was just letting the enemy control me. Gosh, I am so sorry for all the times I probably said that very same thing to others. Ugh, when the tables are turned it isn’t too fun or very pretty. But today I am filled with the hope of the love of God in and around me… this is a true miracle to realize that the narrow road is love and mercy, to actually love myself and have mercy on myself enables me to show that to others… truly an eye opener. Sounds so simple, cause there is so much more to the story and as I blog I will let is flow out of me… but for today I am free to love and be loved, to share myself and receive others… I’m up and reading to face day 3 of induction. Yeah, I’m present for my life. I stacked wood for ½ hour yesterday and two weeks ago I wasn’t hardly able emotionally to get outside… this is a good thing.

1 comment:

Vegan.Bohemian said...

Great post Rene'
Roads are funny aren't they? And we take so many in life. One of my favorite quotes is ""There are many paths to the mountain top, but once at the top, the sight below, all the paths are the same". I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and no matter what road you take, your gonna get there. We grow and change, but we always get to exactly where we need to be :)

I hope you have a wonderfilled weekend sweetie :)