Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day 10 of Induction


Day 10 of Induction:
OK, the truth is I went over my 20 carbs yesterday… ugh… but I am still counting and stick is still pink. I had cottage cheese and a lot of it so I went over 20 carbs I’m sure. I’ve also been enjoying my 2carb chocolate everyday… I’m out of them now. Hubby bought a gorgeous pizza last night and I got a new cottage cheese container and ate it all…yummy… so I’m not making any condemnations towards myself like I have to do induction all over again… cause induction is about getting the ketosis in action and not losing weight, it is the start of the ketosis burning system and it stays there with watching your carb intake… and I’m in action… so I’m on day 10/58. (tenth day of induction/58 day of lowcarbing – this time around). I’m better prepared as I am reading and educating myself.
Went back to induction cause I never really understood the importance of getting into Ketosis page 137 in Dr. Atkins’ New Diet Revolution. The sticks are great and are better for me than a scale and keep me on track… I’ve been a light to deep pink everyday which is what you want to be. I’d love to be a purple at some point but this isn’t a competition… I mean this is a lifestyle change…
I’m back listening to “Living the La Vida Low Carb” podcasts finishing up all 100 of them. They are really fun and educational. Plus his blog is amazing. Each month has so much it is like taking a college class with all kinds of guest speakers. We all need mentors and Jimmy is one of my top guys. I try and read and have ordered some of his sponsored products so here is what I have tried and think of them. As I try them I will let you know how I feel each make me feel and how each taste.
First is Chocoperfection – I ordered 12 bars paid… $42.95 (no shipping cost – yeah, love that part) from cs@lowcarbspecialties.com AWESOME, OMGOODNESS I cannot believe these things are only 2 net carbs a bar… yummy, just don’t eat over one a day for me… I had two one day and did a bit too many bathroom trips if you catch my drift…. I think it is because of the fiber and not the sugar substitute. I do have sugar substitute reactions at some of the products out there. Splenda is the best and Stevia is you can handle to taste…. Good source of fiber Stevia is and it is an herb and not classified as a artificial sweetener…
The bars came in 2 days and so beautifully wrapped, really first class in presentation and quality. I am looking forward to using them in some of the recipes I’ve found… by the way there is soooooooooo many recipes for free online… let me know if you need some… I’ve copied and pasted a lot and have them available. As I try each I will let you know what I truly think about it…
Next I ordered from: carbsmart.com came highly recommended from Jimmy’s site.
Walden Farms Dips – Caramel dip and marshmallow – yuck, presentation was in a nice bottle, I expected it to be thick and tasty. When I opened the first bottle is poured out like water and ran all over me opps.. the taste was horrid, I will have to find out how to use them before I give them a thumbs down. When I tasted it – yuck! But it probably is just me.
Walden Farms Calorie Free pancake syrup – yummy thumbs up, so good, and I didn’t get a blood rush from it, had it on the low carb pancakes I made and it is amazing…
Flax Z Snax pancake and Waffle mix blueberry – yummy I used heavy cream and butter, it was so delicious… so good - I am amazed. I will have to really watch this one cause it is so good tasting I could see me eating this a my base…. Instead of a part of my lifestyle change, big thumbs up on this one and will be ordering more…. Made into silver dollar size – yummy….
Carbquik Baking Mix – not as easy to make and made my tummy hurt, but I did like them, but liked the Flax one way better…. So I will give it a thumb up but with a tummy ache…. They taste more like a biscuit to me? But hey I ate them up….
Ordered the Dixie Carb Counters Holy – Cow Sugar Free Cocoa Mix – hasn’t come yet - back ordered
NexGen Foods Muffins – haven’t come yet, shipped from NY so really excited to eat one, will let you all know…
Walden Farms Calorie Free Ketchup, haven’t tried yet…
Nutiva Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil, haven’t tried yet… and pricey over $15.99 for 15oz, I think I can get a better price here, but not sure if the quality will be as good as this one. One side note as a massage therapist for over 20 years I’ve never found a better oil to use on the body - body’s love it and it is fragrance free and mends the body really well… you can add a scent if you like…
So this is my take so far on what I like that I’ve special ordered. I need to go to the health food store and get some of the other products used for cooking and baking…. Like Golden Flax flour – I can’t stand the Atkins’ bars yuck they taste as bad as the fat free junk I used to eat, cardboard and they trigger me…more, more, more…
I drink the best whey shakes and can give whomever the recipe for those and the best low carb powers I’ve found. But haven’t used them on my current induction plan…
4 more days and I’m finished with induction. I’m weighing in tomorrow and going to measure myself. Don’t know if I will be brave enough to put up my stats but I am sure eventually I will.
Here are some interesting things to know I learned today:
Obesity is an inflammatory disease…
Support in this process is non-negotiable
Sugar is the new fat
Warm hugs….

2 comments:

Vegan.Bohemian said...

You're doing GREAT!!!
I have only tried the Walden Farms BBQ sauce and we all like it over here. A lot of people don't like it though. I want to try those muffins and the Chocolate. Did you get Milk Chocolate or Dark??? I love Milk Chocolate and I bet it would be great to use in Coconut fudge.
The Nutiva Coconut oil is expensive. It's what I buy. I LOVE it. I have tried others and nothing compares!!! It's delish!!! I can eat it right out of the jar...lol. It really is the BEST coconut oil.

It's great that ur reading and listening up on everything. It helps soooo much :)

Congrats on day 10!!!

Froilee said...

thanks so much... I love the bars, I got the milk chocolate and have ordered more they are amazing. good to know about the coconut oil... I will try and get it locally since I live in the center of health food world here... thanks for the encouragment....